Cooked Pro Review, Pricing, Pros and Cons
In this review of Cooked Pro, you’ll find more information about its features, price, pros and cons and why you should consider using it.
- Interactive recipe community
- User-friendly design
- SEO optimized
- Advanced features
- Compatibility requirements
- Learning curve
Unlock the secret to transforming your food blog into an interactive, SEO-optimized, and visually stunning platform with Cooked Pro! This WordPress plugin is not just a tool; it’s a game-changer for food bloggers and recipe creators.
From interactive cooking timers to customizable layouts, discover how Cooked Pro can elevate your culinary content to Michelin-star levels. Read on to explore its myriad features, understand its advantages and disadvantages, and get answers to frequently asked questions.
Your journey to becoming the ultimate food blogger starts here!
What is Cooked Pro ?
Cooked Pro is a WordPress plugin designed to create and display recipes in an SEO-optimized manner. It offers features like rich snippets, galleries, and cooking timers. The plugin allows for drag-and-drop recipe building, enabling users to add ingredients and directions easily.
It also incorporates semantic structure and schema.org microdata, making the recipes Google-friendly across various devices. The standard version includes nutrition facts, powerful searching capabilities, and interactive cooking timers.
For developers, it offers a range of hooks and filters for customization. The Pro version extends functionalities by adding features like user ratings and favorites.
Cooked Pro features
Dive into the extensive range of features that Cooked Pro offers, designed to make your recipe management a piece of cake.
Cooked Pro is designed with SEO in mind, offering full support for Google Structured Data and schema.org. This ensures that your recipes are displayed optimally in search results.
Ingredients & Directions
The plugin allows for quick addition of ingredients and directions. It also supports drag-and-drop functionality, section headings, and even includes interactive cooking timers.
Visitors can interact with cooking timers by clicking or tapping on a timer link. These timers can be paused, reset, and multiple running timers are supported.
A formatted Nutrition Facts label can be displayed, which updates automatically when the serving size is changed by the visitor.
Each user can view their own recipes and favorites, and update their profile information. A standard registration and login form is also included.
A front-end submission form allows users to submit their own recipes, which can be made public upon approval from the site administrator.
Cooked Pro offers a feature for printable recipes, allowing visitors to select which parts of the recipe they wish to print.
Each recipe can have its own photo gallery, complete with captions and a mobile-friendly slider. YouTube or Vimeo videos can also be added.
Recipe Template System
The plugin allows for customization of recipe layouts through shortcodes. You can create different templates for each recipe.
Users can rate recipes using a star rating system or thumbs up/down. Ratings are displayed alongside user comments.
Visitors can favorite recipes and view them from their profile, providing a centralized location for their most loved recipes.
Recipes can be easily shared to various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Browse & Search
Recipes are displayed in a card layout that adjusts automatically. Sorting by date or alphabetically and keyword searching are also supported.
A full-screen mode is available for an enhanced cooking experience, displaying ingredients, directions, and any running cooking timers simultaneously.
The plugin includes three additional taxonomies for sorting recipes by cuisine, cooking method, and tags.
Modern Grid Layout
A modern grid layout is available for displaying recipes, offering a cleaner and more concise presentation.
This layout focuses on beautiful, image-centric recipe displays with interactive features overlaid on top.
A simpler, blog-style layout is also available for those who prefer to keep things straightforward.
Cooked Pro pricing
Navigate the financial landscape of Cooked Pro with this comprehensive guide on its pricing plans. Whether you’re a casual food blogger or a culinary enterprise, find out which package offers the best value for your specific needs.
From annual subscriptions to lifetime licenses, this section helps you understand the cost implications and what each plan entails.
- Annual Licensing: Starting at $39 USD per year, this plan is billed annually and is ideal for those who want to commit for a shorter term while enjoying all the Pro features.
- Unlimited Site License: If you’re managing multiple websites, the Unlimited Site License option allows you to use Cooked Pro across all your platforms without any restrictions.
- Lifetime License: For those looking for a long-term investment, the Lifetime License offers a one-time payment option that grants you access to all features indefinitely.
- Free Limited Version: Perfect for those who want to dip their toes in the water, this version offers limited features but allows you to test the plugin before making a financial commitment.
Cooked Pro is a must-have for food bloggers and recipe creators who aim for a professional, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing website. The plugin streamlines the process of recipe management, offering advanced features like interactive cooking timers, nutrition facts, and social sharing options.
It’s not just beneficial for publishers but also enhances the user experience, providing an organized and visually appealing layout for recipes.
The plugin also supports a range of customization options, making it popular among developers.
- SEO Optimization: Ensures better visibility on search engines.
- User-Friendly Design: Makes it easier for both publishers and viewers.
- Advanced Features: Includes cooking timers, nutrition facts, and social sharing.
- Community Building: Allows for an interactive recipe community through user submissions and ratings.
- Learning Curve: May require some time to fully explore its features.
- Cost: While there is a free version, the Pro version comes at a price.
- Compatibility: Requires WordPress version 4.7 or higher and PHP version 5.6.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Cooked Pro different from other recipe plugins ?
Cooked Pro stands out for its range of features and user-friendly design. It offers advanced functionalities like cooking timers, nutrition facts, and a modern grid layout for displaying recipes.
- Comprehensive Features: Unlike basic recipe plugins, Cooked Pro offers a wide range of features including SEO optimization, interactive cooking timers, and social sharing options.
- Customization: The plugin allows for a high degree of customization, including different layouts and templates for each recipe.
Is Cooked Pro SEO-friendly ?
Yes, Cooked Pro is designed with SEO in mind. It offers full support for Google Structured Data and schema.org, ensuring that your recipes are displayed optimally in search engine results.
- Rich Snippets: The plugin supports rich snippets, making your recipes more visible and attractive in search results.
- Keyword Search: The plugin allows for keyword search, making it easier for users to find your recipes.
Can users interact with the recipes ?
Yes, Cooked Pro offers several interactive features such as cooking timers and nutrition facts. Users can also rate and favorite recipes, and submit their own recipes for public consumption after admin approval.
- Cooking Timers: Users can interact with cooking timers by clicking or tapping on a timer link.
- User Ratings: The plugin allows users to rate recipes, enhancing user engagement and providing valuable feedback.
What are the layout options available in Cooked Pro ?
Cooked Pro offers three different layout options: Modern Grid, Full-Width, and Compact. Each layout offers a unique way to display your recipes.
- Modern Grid: This layout offers a cleaner take on the default style, with all recipes being the same height and containing more concise information.
- Full-Width: This layout focuses on beautiful, image-centric recipe displays with interactive features overlaid on top.
- Compact: This is a simpler, blog-style layout for those who prefer to keep things straightforward.